This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Ahh, yes, there is something very therapeutic about weeding in the garden. It’s like free therapy.
Why is that?
As I was crawling around looking for dandelions to pull up today, I started comparing this simple stress-relieving chore to my decision to leave my job.
In all honesty, my job was taking a toll on my health. I really had to do something so I could have a chance to grow and flourish, and not let the weeds take over my life.
So I’m weeding my life too.
Weeding Therapy Thoughts
While you’re weeding, you can imagine that you are removing the negative from your life with each weed. As each weed is pulled, your life is becoming more and more positive. You are getting rid of the bad and allowing the good to grow in its place.
- Think about the goals you have for your life. Make plans to reach them.
- Enjoy the nature around you.
- Breathe in the fresh air.
- Feel the sun on your skin. Soak up the vitamin D.
- Listen to the birds chirping. They’re singing for you.
- Stop and look at your progress from time to time. You are making a difference.
- Smell the flowers. Enjoy the beauty.
Feel good about what you’re doing for yourself in the moment.