This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.

I found this idea on Pinterest and finally got around to trying it today! It was quite simple, truly-and I just used supplies I already had at the house (body spray).

I used pliers to pop the wick off the top, filled it half with body spray and half with water, and then snapped the wick back in. That’s it!

I’ll be checking to see if the scent smells good in our basement later this morning.

EDIT: The scent was a lot fainter than a real refill, but I’m sure that it will just take a few tweaks to the water/scented liquid ratios. Not bad for a first attempt! I’ll definitely be doing this again.