If you're a budgeting newbie, start here.
These posts will help you get into the proper mindset for budgeting and walk you through successfully setting up your first monthly budget:
- Defining Financial Freedom: Frugal finance 101: 4 Rules of Thumb You Need to Follow
- Creating a Budget: Frugal finance 101: You need a budget
- Getting into the right mindset: Frugal finance 101: Do more with less
Budgeting Quick Links
If you need ideas for ways to save in every budget category, look here.
I have spent a lot of time collecting the best ideas for saving money in every budget category to share with you!
Links to the lists of savings ideas for each budget category are listed below.
These lists are organized by the 50/20/30 rule (necessities, savings, and personal) so you can quickly find what you're looking for.
And there are more coming soon! I will be updating this page as new Frugal Thumb posts become available.
All posts from the "saving on necessities" series.
- Auto & Transport: 33 Ways to Save on Your Auto and Transport Budget
- Bills & Utilities: 29 Ways to Save on Your Bills and Utilities Budget
- Insurance: 30 Ways to Save on Your Insurance Budget
- Food: 20 Ways to Save on Your Food Budget
- Health & Fitness: 45 Ways to Save on Your Health and Fitness Budget
All posts from the "saving on savings" series.
- Retirement Fund
- College Fund
- Emergency Fund
All posts from the "saving on personal purchases" series.
- Kid Activities
- Fun money